Vaginal cyst removal can be a pain in the a s s especially if you have no clue on how to go about it however with these simple Bartholin cyst home remedies? They’ll disappear.
A vaginal cyst is a closed pocket of fluid, air or semi-solid tissue filled with pus that can develop near the vagina opening. Their size ranges from as small as a pea to as large as an orange.
If you want to get rid of vaginal cysts first you must understand its causes and a few other things. Vaginal cyst causes include; when a gland or ducts are blocked, causing liquid or pus to accumulate inside.
They are majorly four types of vaginal cysts which can be caused by injury during childbirth, fluid accumulation in your glands, or benign tumors within the vagina.
- Vaginal Inclusion Cysts are the most common type of vaginal cysts and are usually very small and located on the lower back of the vaginal wall.
- Bartholin’s Cysts are fluid-filled cysts that form on one of the Bartholin’s glands located near the opening of the vagina on the vaginal lips, or labia.
- Gartner’s Duct Cysts develop when a woman is pregnant, and when ducts in a developing embryo don’t disappear after child delivery, fluid can back up into the gland and form a cyst.
- Mullerian Cysts usually develop when a structure is left behind when a baby is formed.
Vaginal cysts are rarely cancerous and in most cases do not cause any discomfort. Sometimes it might go unnoticed but are mostly discovered during a routine pelvic examination.
Treatment is unnecessary in most cases. However, if you experience unusual discomfort or pain due to the size of the cyst, you will need immediate treatment.
Common symptoms of vaginal cyst include a small lump protruding from the wall of the vagina or have pain or discomfort during intercourse or while inserting a tampon.
To get rid of vaginal cysts without surgery, there are many natural and effective remedies.
Here are 10 Bartholin cyst home treatment and natural home remedies that actually work.
Taking a sitz bath is an effective way of reducing discomforts that accompanies vaginal cysts.
It also helps reduce vaginal irritation and encourage healing by promoting cyst drainage.
What’s more, a sitz bath helps to sanitize the area and reduce the risk of infection hence they’re an effective vaginal cyst home remedy.
- Fill a bathtub with warm water.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of Epsom salt into the water.
- Dip your genital area for about 15 minutes intermittently until the water loses its heat.
- Wipe your genital area gently with a clean towel afterward.
- Take a sitz bath about twice or thrice daily for a week.
Warm compress is one f the effective Bartholin cyst home remedies that encourage draining, which in turn helps in the healing process.
It also helps to kill bacteria thereby reducing the risk of infection and inflammation.
- Dip a washcloth or a clean towel in hot water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the warm cloth on the affected area for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process 3 or 4 times daily until the fluid start draining out of the cyst.
Note: Do this with care to avoid burning the delicate tissues in the vaginal area.
Turmeric is also one of the potent Bartholin cyst home remedies.
The active compound in turmeric which is called curcumin works as an anti-inflammatory agent that helps alleviate pain and inflammation.
Additionally, turmeric is a natural antiseptic, meaning it can help prevent and treat most kinds of infection.
- Make a paste by mixing 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and a little coconut oil together.
- Rub the paste gently over the cyst and allow it to sit for a couple of hours.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and repeat the process until the cyst bursts.
- Alternatively, drink a glass of hot milk with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed in it. This helps to promote healing and also controls pain.
Note: While applying turmeric paste, be careful as it can cause a yellowish stain on fabric and skin.
Apple cider vinegar is another effective and easy remedy for vaginal cysts. Due to its acidic nature, it can help reduce the size and swelling of vaginal cysts.
It also helps maintain the pH level of the vagina, further reducing the risk of infection and even inhibit the development of more cysts.
- Make a mixture of 2 teaspoons of organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with ½ cup of warm water. Soak a ball of clean wool or ball in this mixture and place it directly on the cyst for about a minute. Repeat this process 3 to 4 times daily for a few days.
- Another option, pour 1 cup of raw, unfiltered, apple cider vinegar into a bathtub filled with warm water. Dip your lower body into the water for about 15 minutes. Repeat this 2 or 3 times daily for quick relief.
- Or, mix a teaspoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water and drink it twice daily to promote healing from the inside.
Note: Apple cider vinegar is an effective home remedy that can also help you get rid of diarrhea.
5. How to Get Rid of Vagina Cyst Using Aloe Vera
Amongst the best vaginal cyst home remedies is the Aloe vera.
It possesses healing and anti-inflammatory properties that aid in the healing process and reduces inflammation.
- Get a fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe plant leaf and apply it directly to the cyst region.
- Leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes and thereafter rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy 3 or 4 times a day.
- Another option, mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel with ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder. Stir it vigorous until the mixture forms a paste.
- Gently apply this paste on the cyst. Leave it on for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Carry out this home remedy once a day.
6. How to Use Tea Tree Oil For Vaginal Cyst
Tea tree oil could be all you need to get rid of a Bartholin cyst. Particularly, it can really help with pain and inflammation associated with vaginal cysts.
Tea tree oil is also a potent home remedy for Bartholin cysts.
What’s more, tea tree oil also helps get rid of harmful bacteria in the vaginal area and thus reduces the risk of vaginal infection.
In fact, it is very effective as it helps drain cyst within 1 or 2 days.
- Make a mixture of 2 or 3 drops of 100 tea tree oil with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and gently apply on the cyst.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy once or twice daily or as needed.
- Alternatively, add 3 to 5 drops of tea tree oil to a cup of water. Use this solution to rinse the affected area a few times every day until you see improvements.
Tea tree oil is a potent home remedy for getting rid of a vaginal cyst. Here are the cheapest and best tea tree oil bottles to buy on Amazon.
Garlic is a very popular spice and has proven to be one of the most effective vaginal cyst home remedies, mainly due to its potent antibiotic properties.
It has properties that kill bacteria around the cysts, thereby reducing the risk of infection.
What’s more, garlic, when ingested, helps boost the immune system to help fight infections and promote healing.
- Rub a clove of little-crushed garlic on the cyst area for 2 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water. You can apply coconut oil to reduce the stinging effect of garlic. Repeat this remedy at least twice daily.
- Alternatively, you can eat 1 crushed garlic clove 2 or 3 times a day, gulp it down with a glass of water to boost your immune system.
8. Get Rid of Vaginal Cysts With Yogurt
Yogurt is a good ingredient that you can use to cure vaginal cysts.
Greek yogurt being rich in lactobacillus bacteria helps restore the normal pH of the vagina.
This helps stops the activity of infectious microorganisms that can cause infections, which could make the condition worse and delay the healing process.
What’s more, yogurt also reduces vaginal odor.
- Dip a cotton ball in plain yogurt and gently apply it on the cyst area. Let it stay for a few hours, then rinse the area thoroughly with lukewarm water. Do this thrice or thrice daily.
- Another option, you can eat 1 to 2 cups of yogurt daily
Aspirin can be used to treat vaginal cysts.
Due to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to deal with the pain and inflammation as well as reduces the risk of infection.
- Crush a few tablets of aspirin into a powder form.
- Add a little water to form a paste. You can as well use castor oil instead of water (this will help reduce inflammation and aid healing process).
- Gently apply this paste on the cyst area and leave it for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Repeat this Bartholin cyst home treatment for 1 or 2 times daily to see actual results.
Sepia has been used as a Bartholin cyst home remedy for a long time. It is made from the dark, brownish-gray pigment obtained from the ink of the cuttlefish.
Sepia is very effective in fighting inflammation and pain associated with vaginal cysts. In addition, it can also be used to prevent the development of cysts.
Sepia is readily available in the homeopathic clinic in pellets. However, for correct dosage, consult your doctor.
It is important to clean your genitals clean at all times. All times. A number of these simple home remedies for vaginal cyst should do the trick in helping you get rid of Bartholin cyst.
Are you a sucker for home remedies? We have a couple more simple best probiotics for you in 2019 and beyond.
Questions or contributions? Please use the comment form below.